Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Morning


This morning we reported for PT at 0500 for a Battalion Run. The 187th ran together in our companies for 2 miles. Thankfully I am getting better and am able to stay in formaiton but I am amazed as to how many people cannot. For most I think it is a mental game that they are losing and for others they are simply not in shape nor are they making any effort to improve.

This week has been lecture after lecture. We begin at 0830 and finish at 1500. Each lecture or briefing is 50 minutes long. Yesterday we covered things like convoy operations, military operations on urban terrain (MOUT), and writing orders. There is so much information that I have yet to grasp. We have a four day weekend in "honor" of Mr. Columbus and I am sure that some of that time will be spent reviewing what was covered this week.

Next Friday, 13OCT is our PT test. A 2-mile run with push-ups and sit-ups. Newly promoted Lt. Col Bohlin, who is our nursing advisor, has challenged the nurse corp (all 141 of us) to pass the test the first time. I hope and pray that we can all pass.

The picture is of what we wear to PT each morning. The yellow belt is a super-duper refelctive belt. We are asked to wear it when we run on our own as well. Our shorts have the reflective ARMY and our t-shirts have some relfective quality too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You're not wearing camo! You look great in your PT gear :) Keep up the great work! I know you will pass the PT test, I just hope everyone else will too!

Anonymous said...

Hot . . . that's all I have to say :O)

Anita said...

Nice reflective gear! Safety first. Two questions...what is your mailing address there? I may have to add to your army running atire. Two, can you get another reflective army T? I'd like to run here with one. Just curious! Keep up the positive attitude and congrats on keeping up with the battalion during your runs! I'm impressed!

Bean Pie

Anonymous said...

Hey girl it is Eric Cruz from APU i graduate in May, I'm signed up and ready to join you. I've gone through Cpt. Stewart and I'm excited to get my ARMY career rolling. Also Heather Stroud and Amy Castillo are joining me probably... IM SO PROUD OF YOU!! keep up the good work