Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A taste of my past


Just before leaving for TX I had an opportunity to see my childhood best friend. I met Scott in Pre-School. We both lived on Mockingbird Ct. in Novato. Scott and I were always hanging out. I have such fond memories from Novato and Scott is in most of them. I moved to Walnut Creek just before third grade. We stayed in touch via snail mail (see I do remember life before computers and the internet) through Jr. High and then lost touch. He is working for his father's business as a Supervisor. His current job is one that my Dad's business is working as the Geotechnical Engineer for so I got to go to work with my Dad one day and see Scott. It was a short visit as Scott was on the clock, but it was great to see him agian. Randomly throughout the conversation we both kept bringing up the fact that we have grown up and now have real jobs. It was weird to realize this as I looked into the face of my childhood best friend, but it was fun to realize too. What a great guy!!

No comments: