Sunday, October 15, 2006

Off to Camp

I packed my Army-issued duffel and my Army-issued ALICE pack and am ready for camp! We have a meeting this evening to load our gear onto a U-Haul-ish truck as we will be leaving Ft. Sam Houston at 0500 Monday morning. We are heading for Camp Bollis which I was told is about a half hour drive away. We will be loaded onto buses with our LBEs (suspenders with belt that has cantens and such attached) and Kevlar (heavy bullet-proof helmets) before daybreak. While at camp we will "qualify" for our weapons, learn how to navigate our way form point A to point B, stand the gas chamber, and many other "fun" activities.
Anyone checked the weather lately for the San Antonio area? Well, if you haven't allow me to update you. It is supposed to rain. Yup, we are going to get soaked. I have packed my gear as if I was going canoe camping. Trash bags and Ziploc bags are holding all of my gear inside of my bags. I hope the rain only lasts for a day or so.
Hey APUers! Is it time for midterms yet? If so, GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments: