Saturday, October 21, 2006

Friday, October 20


The last day of the week! Up with the 0530 wake-up call and at breakfast at 0600. We again loaded up on the Duece and a halves to head to a different firing range. This range had pop up targets.
Before I got to try my hand at the range I went with my platoon to pass the NBC testing. We had to put on our masks in under 9 seconds and then all of our MOP gear in under 8 minutes. Thankfully it was a chilly morning so putting on all the gear felt good. We finished very quickly so we had an little over an hour to eat lunch.
At 1100 my Platoon marched over to the range to qualify with our M-16s. We were given two magazines with 20 rounds in each. One clip was for when we stood in the foxhole and the other was for the unsupported prone position. My friend LT Gillespe was my spotter and he was great. He kept me calm and talked me through the process of what was about to happen. I shot a 28 and hit the 300-meter target twice. I know that that score is not the greatest, but I qualified and hit a target twice that so many did not even try for. I was stoked.
Just after we finished cleaning up the range the trucks had left to bring back the first group of students. So we had about 45 minutes to kill. (See pic.) Needless to say we found ways to kill the time.
Upon retrun to the Forward Operatng Baes (FOB) we returned our weapons and began to clean up the camp. We were so excited to board the buses at 1700 to head back to Fort Sam Houston. We finished all our briefings by 1830 and I was in my shower by 1840. That shower felt so great!!!
We have the weekend off and are preparing to go right back out Monday morning to do this all over again.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Thank you Jesus for showers! They are the bomb after a weeks build up of B.O. Enjoy your weekend off! Talk to you tomorrow!

Bean Pie