Friday, January 05, 2007

Moved In!


The rumors are true. I now live Maryland. I have an apartment with two bedroom with two full bathrooms that I share with Rebecca Spencer. It is a pretty nice set up. It is a little bare at the moment as I do not have much furniture but in a few months it should be all set up. Rebecca is currently at Fort Sam taking the same course that I just completed. She will be there until March and then return out here. I cannot wait. While I am sure that I will enjoy this time alone in the apartment, it is always nice to come home to friends and family.

Moving in was strange but awesome! I got the apartment today and had the movers come with all my stuff from my parent’s house in CA. Box after box was brought in. I am not so sure that all my bedroom furniture will fit in my room, but that may be just because of all the boxes all over the floor. I had no idea that I had so much stuff. I got a new bed too. I have never had a new mattress before. It is great. I am looking forward to snuggling in it tonight!

I am eager to get out to Target and the Commissary to pick up some important items for the apartment (soap, toilet paper, food, cleaning supplies, etc.), you know the basics.

The picture is what it looks like today with all the boxes stacked on the living room floor. It is a mess! I am not a fan of messes so it will be interesting to see how I handle it getting messier as I begin to unpack and put things away.

No comments: