Monday, January 22, 2007


I have recently been asked rather frequently why the Army Nurse Corps (ANC) and not a civilian hospital. While I believe there are many answers to this I thought I would simply share with you the mission statement and vision of the ANC with a hope that you might better understand why I would not be content at a civilian hospital.
Mission : To provide nursing leadership and high quality nursing care during war, peacetime or humanitarian operations, in support of the mission of the Army Medical Department and professional military medical health system.
Vision: The Army Nurse Corps will advance professional nursing as:
- the premier, professional nursing organization in the world
- a leader in research, education, and innovative healthcare delivery
- the authority in wellness promotion and building healthy communities
I would encourage you to check out the Army Nurse Corps website (click here) to see more of why I believe in what I am doing.

No comments: