Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Still unpacking

Unpacking is so tedious! I had no idea. When moving to and from school it was just whatever I could fit in my car. Now I had whatever was in my bedroom at my parent’s house to find a place for. Slowly but surely it is all coming together. I am down to the last few things and have been to the store to pick up some essentials. I even bought a hair dryer! Yes my friends, I am a proud owner of a hair dryer. I think mine broke in the summer of 2001. (That concludes your random fact for the day.)

My living/dining room is pretty bare as I have no furniture for it yet. I am hoping to hit up a garage sale or two to find some “nice” pieces. It will probably take a while before I actually sit and eat “with my grown-up manners” at a table in my own home. If you are eager to jump on a plane and see the sites of DC you are always welcome. Just know that you may be on the floor if you come in the next few months.

I start formal orientation tomorrow. While I am eager to start working on my floor, it has been nice not having to get up early. I report to my floor on Jan 19 to begin working on my floor (Ward 46 – Cardiac Step-down in the Critical Care Department). I was told that you can Google Walter Reed and get info on my floor through their site. Does anyone else find it strange that we use ‘Google’ as a verb now?

Anyway, I am enjoying DC so far. I have been checking out the sites and taking my time walking around. I would love it if any of you would want to come for a visit. I would probably still have to work a few days but there is so much to do around here that I know you could entertain yourself. I will let you know when I have more furniture so your stay will be much more comfortable.

No comments: