Monday, January 15, 2007

Touring DC


I am in the midst of orientation here at Walter Reed (WRAMC). Last week we attended briefings regarding the history of WRAMC and a few regarding safety. This week we will be attending briefings held by Nursing Education and Staff Development (NESD). On Friday, we all formally report to our floors. I am not sure when we will begin our preceptorships but I am hoping soon. I am looking forward to finally putting my education to work.
But more importantly, I have been touring around DC. It has been great! My cousin Allison is in Las Vegas for work so I have been checking out the sites by myself. (Which is kind of nice as I can go at my own pace.) I am hoping to soon get info regarding tours of the White House, Capitol Building, and many others. The picture is from the Vietnam Wall with a reflection of the Washington Monument hidden in side. It has been great "touring" weather the past few days. We have been hanging in the mid-60s (sorry all you LA friends who have been in the 40s). I heard that we will soon be back to the cold temps so I am trying to take advantage of all the warm weather that I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you're just making me even more excited to come out there with these pictures!!! I'm counting the days!! :)