Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!!!


Well friends, we have survived yet another year. Congratulations to us all!


Let's review this past year:
1) graduated from college
2) joined the Army
3) spent one final summer at Mission Springs
4) left for TX to begin training for the Army
5) moved to Maryland to work at Walter Reed AMC

Holy Heck!!! What a year!!!

Today was a day or touring the city. Our former president Gerald Ford's casket is currently in the Capitol and I took this opportunity to go and pay resepcts to a man that was thrust into a leadership position and did a great job. It was a little surreal to walk into a room that I had seen not long ago on TV when Reagan passed away. To see the Honor Guards standing at attention showing repsect and ready to protect a man that had served our great nation.

Following my time at the Capitol I went on a short tour of the city. I walked down to the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Monument, and the Korean War Memorial. I wish everyone could have on opportunity following studying our nation's history to come and see the different memorials and monuments to those who sacrificed so much to create and maintain the freedoms that we have today. I am sure my respect has grown since I too have chosen to take a similar route in serving our country.
I hope you all had an amazing time with friends and family during this holiday season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come visit!!!! I have never been to our capitol and I really want a private tourm, wink, wink, hint, hint ;O)

Anonymous said...

Amy if your a Nurse I can arrange it ^ :)

2LT Hultgren,

Happy New Year! and Congrats with finishing OBC. Now that your all done with your training I would like to invite you back for a day or two to visit with your school.

SFC Rector michael.rector@usarec.army.mil

Anonymous said...

Soooo... I'm coming!!! For real! Mark you calendar woman! Heather and I will be there from Easter Sunday, April 8th until Saturday April 14th! YAY! We definitely want to get together with you if possible!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited!