Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Checking In

I arrived at Walter Reed today to check in . This place is HUGE! I was so lost. Thankfully a Lt Col that I had struck up a conversation with in the elevator took some time out of his busy day to show me where I needed to first go. The first day of checking-in involved turning in a lot of copies of my orders to different deparments all over the campus. I walked around multiple buildings trying to find specific offices to turn in the copies. The old buildings on campus are gorgeous! If you get a chance you should 'Google' Walter Reed Army Medical Center and look at the pictures of the buildines. Gorgeous! Before heading to Falls Church, VA where I am staying with my cousin Allison, my future roommate Lt Spencer came by to say hi. She was on her way to work at Walter Reed and called to say she would come by the gym before going in. It was nice to see a friendly face after walking around lost all day. After a nice workout I headed over to Allison's house. She has a great house and such great roommates as they are allowing me to crash there while I wait for my apartment. It is fun to be staying with family.
My second day at Walter Reed (WRAMC) was very similar to the first. I arrived at Company HQ at 0800 to check in and then spent the rest of the day walking around to different departments. From 0800 until 1700, just walking around meeting people at the different departments. So long. I submitted my DA-31 leave form to Company today and am hoping they will sign it allowing me to go home in CA for Christmas.
Tomorrow I will be meeting with transportation and finance to get my paper work in order so I can get paid for travel and for housing. Let's just say that finance is my favorite department!

No comments: