Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Captain's Log StarDate -313251.02739726024

I got promoted today to Captain! Whoopee!!! I am pretty stoked. (Even more so about the pay raise that comes with promotions.) Major John Scally is the Cardiologist that is deployed with us and is one of the Docs that I get to work with back at Walter Reed. So I was stoked when he agreed to pin me (velcro the new rank on.) There were a whole group of people getting promoted. We had 5 new Captains, 3 new Staff Sergeants, and 5 new Sergeants.




Another familiar Walter Reed face was also there for the promotion. Staff Sergeant Michael Bryant who is also stationed on Speicher was there. I was really excited to see another friendly face from home.

10 comments:

fastturtle said...

Congratulations!!!!

Meagan said...

Congrats Ma'am. I just got pinned today myself. After 3 years of SPC J, I am finally SGT J. Can't wait to get my new paycheck!

-Captain Planet said...

The Power is YOURS~!

Jennifer said...

Congrats, sis!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Your blog has been inspirational and very helpful while I await my time to go to OBLC in March 2010. Keep up the good work, Hooha!

Dad said...

Beth - That is so cool! Congratulations.
Sorry we could not be there to celebrate with you. Love you, Dad

Lisa said...

Beth, that's so cool! It amazes me to read about all of the experiences the Army has allowed you to have! Thanks for sharing them with all of us! I check your blog every day!!! Congratulations!

Kristina said...

That is so awesome, Beth!! Congrats! So when do you get your own starship?

Amy said...

You go girl :O)
So what exactly did you do to get promoted to captain?

Unknown said...

Wow, how exciting! Congratulations, Captain Beth! Your blog has been giving us insights we sure wouldn't get otherwise. Thank you!