Sunday, September 06, 2009

Flying Back to Tikrit

Thankfully there was space available on a random AM flight today that took myself and 1LT Robertson back to COB Speicher in Tikrit. We both got to sit right behind the flight crew so we had an amazing view of the area we were flying over. There was a bit of a training exercise as the two gunners began firing their massive weapons. I was sitting so close to the gunner that his spent cartridges were hitting me as he was firing. I am not going to lie, it was pretty cool. We made it safely back to Tikrit and I am hoping to get settled into a new routine soon. Darn night shift strikes again...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It still amazes me to hear about all the great experiences you are in the Army! It's great to read your posts and know that you are safe! Love, Lisa