Saturday, September 05, 2009

MMA Fight Night

Huge thanks to Xtreme Couture GI Foundation for coming out to Mosul and hosting a Fight Night. A handful of our soldiers got a chance to "show off their moves". (It was very obvious who has formal training and who just thinks they are good.) Either way, I had a blast. There were two fighters that I thought bought themselves a Head CT, but I have no idea what eventually became of them. While there were some fun fights of course the women's fight drew the most cheering from the soldiers. (Plus, I think they were far more evenly matched which made the fight more fun to watch.) And no, this is not something that I would probably go see at home, but when in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do...


There were far more soldiers in attendance than the pictures show. It was standing room only for most of us.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Crazy!! Ben is sooooooo jealous! Randy Courtour (sp?) is a legend he tells me. Ben's been teaching me a thing or two about MMA fighting. I prefer Gracie grappling myself.

Miss you!

Bean Pie and Ben