Saturday, September 26, 2009

Learning to Read

Growing up I was not a huge fan a reading. I think it would almost be safe to say I hated it. The books that were required reading for school never interested me and I was never a fan of textbooks. (This might explain my not so great grades...)
Now that I am out here in the middle of the desert with nothing else to do, I am learning to love reading. In the last month and a half I have read 4 1/2 books (one did not really keep my attention so I gave up on it).
Who would have thought that I would learn to read again and actually enjoy it? Maybe deployment is not all that bad...

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Yay! A new convert to bookaholic-ism!! I have to think of a few good books to send with the cookies....

Amy said...

I've decided that as long as you don't HAVE to read, and you're just doing it for fun, it's all good :O)

Anita said...

Funny, I hate reading too. Maybe it's a Burdine cousin thing?? Just wanted to let you know we've got a package comin' your way. We're hoping to keep up on it and send one for each holiday . . . we are on the brink of holiday row you know!

Love and miss you!

Bean Pie and Ben

Jennifer said...

Maybe a cousin thing, but definitely not a sister thing! I always have a book on me. Been finding a lot more time to read these last two weeks.

What genre are you getting into?