Sunday, September 17, 2006

Second Lieutenant


This evening, in front of friends and family I took the Oath of Office to offically become an Officer in the United States Army. Friends and family came over to my parent's house in the San Francisco Bay Area to witness the start of a new chapter in my life. We celebrated with a BBQ dinner and amazing conversation.

The Oath: "I, (Beth), having been appointed a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

Tomorrow, I leave for the Los Angeles area to hang out with some friends before leaving for San Antonio on Thursday. I have been waiting for this to happen, and it is finally here!

I put up a few more pictures on the myspace page. Take a look! www.myspace.com/bhultgren

1 comment:

Anita said...

Way to go Beth! It's official now! I am EXCITED for you to be starting this new chapter and and CONFIDENT that HE who has CALLED you will SUSTAIN you! HE is your rock and foundation, with Him NOTHING can shake you. Here's a little army "HUUUUAHHH" for ya! Love ya and PROUD of ya!

Bean Pie

P.S. And another "I'm PROUD OF YOU" from Grammie and Bubba. :-)