Tuesday, May 03, 2011

NTI Exhibit Hall

Today at NTI the huge exhibit hall opened up. It was ridiculous how quickly the place filled as everyone went from exhibit to exhibit collecting pens and little trinkets. There were some great products there from some very well known companies and some great little inventions by nurses to help each other out. I think my favorite booth was Kathy White's Fast Facts for Critical-Care Resource Book. I will admit that I used my Fast Facts book quite often before moving to my new hospital but that is not why this booth was my favorite.

While I was deployed with the 47th Combat Support Hospital I had my book with me as I didn't know what kind of resources I would have access to. It was amazing how quickly my little book got passed around from nurse to nurse for use during our shifts. Just after the halfway mark of my deployment a care package arrived from the States. Kathy White had sent a box full of her resource books for our staff. A very humbling gift to receive.

While at NTI I had the privilege of meeting Kathy White and getting to thank her directly for her amazing gift. What had started as a neuro resource for the staff of her unit has turned into resource used around the world. Thank you Kathy White and team! It was an honor to meet you!

No comments: