Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bear Hunting

I got to spend almost my whole day today with my cousin Ben! One of the many things he likes to do is hunt and up in Alaska there are plenty of opportunities for doing just that!!!


We went out on Ben's 3-wheeler, that's right, 3-wheeler (I didn't know any where still running!) to go check on his bear baits. He has two sites set up with bear stands in the trees just over piles of dog food that he has carted out there. One hadn't been touched yet but the other had been cleared out!!! Super exciting!!!



We didn't have any luck getting a bear at either of his stands so we went to another location to use his dying duck call to see if we could attract any. We didn't have any luck today with getting a bear but I sure had a blast getting to hang out just me and Ben. Guess I will just have to make a special trip up to do some hunting...

No comments: