Monday, May 02, 2011

AACN NTI

This week I am attending the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' National Teaching Institute in Chicago, IL. It is an annual conference held in a different location every year where thousands of Critical-Care Nurses get together to attend classes (presented by fellow Critical-Care Nurses), walk through a huge hall filled with exhibits from major manufacturers, and of course party like rockstars...I mean act like the responsible professionals that we are...

The attendance estimate is 7,500 RNs. What I could not believe was that this was about half of what it was just two years ago before the change in the economy.

I spent this weekend attending a two-day preconference class of Pediatric CCRN review. Before taking the class I didn't really have any plans to actually take the test but I was amazed at how much I actually knew. Working in Walter Reed AMC's Pediatric ICU has given me a great wealth of knowledge. I might just have to study for a few weeks and attempt that one...

I am looking forward to seeing friends and colleagues from work and possibly school.

No comments: