Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Early Morning Session

One aspect of NTI that I really like is listening to everyone's stories and learning from the. Many of the presentations I have been to have involved a story of a patient that has had an impact on someone's nursing practice. These patients have gone to teach us at unit level in-services, journal articles, and this week, at NTI.


Today I had the privilege of listening to MAJ Brian Weisgram present on Army Flight Nursing in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom. MAJ Weisgram was my Clinical Nurse Officer-In-Charge (my boss) while deployed with the 47th Combat Support Hospital in Tikirt, Iraq. His presentation included the training of the flight nurses both here in the US and while in-country, case studies of some of the patients we cared for and then transported, and then the lessons learned that are shared with the Military Medical community.


It was really fun to see MAJ Weisgram presentation, something that I got to be a part of.


While at the early morning session I had the privilege of meeting Kathy White the author of Fast Facts for Critical Care. It was very humbling to get to thank her in person for her donation of books to the nurses of the 47th Combat Support Hospital.

No comments: