Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow in DC

We got hit with a ton of snow these past two days. I have not yet looked to see what the official report states but I guessing 18 -20 inches. DC has almost completely shut down. No one is really going anywhere unless they are essential personnel (which is a lot of people around here). My car is almost completely covered, a beautiful site!
How much do I love my car? I brushed off the snow and then put her into 4x4 and simply drove to lunch with friends. Everyone else was digging their cars out (yes, I did help others after lunch) while my baby could just plow right through the powder.
I am not working on the MICIU/PICU quite yet so I am not considered essential personnel which allowed me to stay in my apartment and off the roads. Now if only I had cable or internet...
On our way back from lunch I might have played a little in the snow...I love my car!!!

1 comment:

Mother Jones RN said...

You're lucky. I spent 11 days snowed in at work in a DC military hospital. Yes, I went crazy.

Just found your blog. I love it. I'll keep coming back. Come see me at www.nursesratchedsplace.com