Monday, February 01, 2010

My First Day Back

I woke this morning snuggled with my cousin Allison in her awesome apartment.

After she went off to work I hungout and caught up on some Facebook pictures and some back-dated blog posts. Early afternoon I met SGT Jen Hale at the Metro and she drove us into WRAMC to check into Charlie Company. It was just a formality of making sure that we got back to DC safe. I finally got a hold of Delta Airlines to find out where my duffel bag ended up and got a working phone number so I can get my car out of storage tomorrow.

In the evening I got to hangout with Allison as she got "commissioned" for her mission trip to Mozambique. It was fun to get to be there and represent all the family's support of her trip. Then we drove back to DCA to get my duffel. While we were there we also picked up SGT Hale's bags too. We had a total of three duffels, two of which were almost 50 pounds. Hence the picture of Allison carrying the lighter of the three with her Coach purse...ready for deployment right...?

While it was pretty overwhelming to be around so many people at times it was a relatively relaxing first day back. I am eager to get my apartment squared away this week so I can go snowboarding with SGT Hale later this week!!!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

So glad you made it home and into the safe arms of your cousin!!! And I can't wait to (hopefully) see you in a few weeks!!

Amy said...

Is your phone number the same or did it change?

Hans-Erik Nelson said...

Glad you made it back to the states safe and sound.