Friday, February 26, 2010

Seeing Friends in SoCal

This was a day of travelling around to see some awesome people!
This morning I had the opportunity to visit with my friend Kristi's First Grade Class and thank them for the letters that they wrote me while I was deployed to Iraq. The look of surprise on their faces when I walked in the door was awesome! Together we looked at some pictures from Iraq and we all got to wear our new dog tags! I loved it!!!


Then I headed out to the Santa Clarita area to see one of my college roommates Kelly Boone. She was able to get the day off from work so we could see each other. We had a great lunch and some even better conversation.


From Kelly's house I headed up to Agua Dulce to see Dan, Sue, and Adrienne. I had to idea Adrienne had moved to SoCal so I was super excited to get to see her with Dan and Sue! It had been so long since I had seen all three and I loved every second of our conversation!


For dinner I drove out to Castaic where my cousins Ben and Anita live. After I got the grand tour of their home we chowed down on some good pasta and salad! I learned how to play cribbage (of course Ben won both rounds) and had some awesome cookie and ice cream for dessert! Anita and I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning talking and giggling. Loved it and needed it!
It was a long day but I absolutely loved every second of conversation with friends and family!

1 comment:

Anita said...

We LOVED your visit Beth! SO glad you made it down and over to us. Thanks for giving us your time.

Comment from my humble husband . . .

"Of course I won both games. I'm the best Cribbage player I know, and dare I say, 'I'm a man.'"

He's getting slapped for that last comment. :)

We love you!

Anita & Ben