Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flight Training

Throughout this week our MEDEVAC Flight Crew that is stationed here with us on COB Speicher has been spending their mornings with us reviewing how they operate and how they would like to operate when working with them.

They parked one of the their UH-60s on one of our landing pads and let members of the CSH practice "cold loads". Meaning loading and unloading patients while the engines are turned off.

Then they fired up their engines as the CSH loaded up three of our staff on litters and secured them to the litter pans onboard. Myself along with another ICU nurse and an ER nurse also climbed in for a quick flight around the COB. I had a great time watching the two CSH medics strapped to litters infront of me smile everytime the helicopter banked for a turn.

While I am sure that this was good training, I had more fun watching the smiles of everyone that I privileged to work with.
Plus I was rockin' out with my iPod throughout the whole flight. No better way to fly than with some great tunes!

No comments: