Sunday, July 06, 2008

Week Nine of CCNC

This week was shortened with the 4th of July weekend. We spent four days in clinical preparing for our big presentations next week (more to come on that).

For the weekend, I flew home to CA. I spent the 4th of July in Mission Springs. It was so great to spend the weekend away from work and school and catch up with friends and family. Keeping with tradition my Dad and I were in the marching band (I have played with the marching band since the 6th grade.) As a side note, for those that know Mission Springs, the Frontier Ranch lawn was green! Yup, in the middle of the summer it was actually green! As California has temprarily prohibited all fireworks my friend Amy and I decided to head to the beach. There is nothing like the beaches on the West Coast! We walked around the Santa Cruz Boardwalk watching plenty of illegal fireworks being launched from the beach. The night sky was full of different colors. It was gorgeous!

The next night my parents invited Amy and I to watch the San Francisco Giants beat the LA Dodgers! We sat front row right behind the Giants bullpen! I had never been to the new Giants' stadium so it was really cool to go for the first time and watch the home team win! It was really fun to watch and listen to all the drunk cheering fans from both teams.

On Sunday, Amy and I went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. Neither one of us had ever been there before so we thought it would be fun to check out. After hearing the story of Mrs. Winchester's life I felt reaaly bad for her. But she sure did build a really interetsing house!
My flight back to DC was a little on the adventurous side. Before evening reaching the runway in Oakland our plane broke twice. We finally exited the plane and sat around the airport for a little while as we waited for a new plane. Once we finally got near Baltimore we were put in a holding pattern as there was some bad weather between us and Bhaltimore. It was no big deal until the Captain came over the loud speaker informing us that we may have to land if we are continue to hold as we would need more fuel (such a confidence builder!). We finally landed in Baltimore without any further incident. I have not had the best of luck with flights to and from CA since moving to the East Coast. I might need to rethink my choice of location...

No comments: