Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week Eight of CCNC

This week I was in the SICU Mon - Wed. It has been pretty low-key for the learning opportunities we as students want. It is great for the patients as they are not really that sick, but it is difficult for us as we want to learn from the really sick patients. It is going to be interesting to see what happens in the next six weeks.


Thursday and Friday we had our Continuing Education (CE) presentations. Each student picked a topic to present the completed the requirements to be able to provide CE's for those in attendance. Being that I love the heart, I chose to present on the Left Ventricular Assist Device (just google it). I was really nervous before I started speaking, but once I got going I was able to go for the required 45 minutes without turning red or speaking with a quivering voice. My two main instructors who were grading the presentations loved it. I have been given an open invitation to return after I complete the course as a guest lecturer. Pretty cool huh?!? I do encourage you to do a little reading on the LVAD as there are people walking around out there with these and we need to know what to do if something happens to them.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Yay!! Way to go Beth! I am proud of you! Glad to hear it went so well. What a compliment that they invited you to speak again in the future. Another answered prayer!

I'm back in SC if you want to talk this weekend.

Bean Pie