Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week Eleven of CCNC



This week started with what we called the "One System". Each student was required to choose a patient who had had a body system fail to then present to the class. (Don't worry, HIPAA was maintained.) My presentation reviewed the anatomy and physiology of the liver and then focused on how the disease process my patient was experiencing had progressed into liver failure. While we (the class) know the information it is far more difficult than I had expected to have to present it to them and two of my instructors. Thankfully I passed! And now I know a little bit about primary sclerosing cholangitis.
This weekend will be focused on the RN care plans for the "Three System" tha tis coming up in two weeks. The three system is similar to the one system except that I am speaking about three body systems that failed in my patient. I have to present them individually then demonstrate how they influenced each other. All this without notes on the day of the presentation! I will keep you updated on that one and know that I could use all the prayer that I can get. When I find out the actual date of my presentation I will let you know.

No comments: