Sunday, June 08, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Friday was out lecture on the Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump. We had a guest lecturer from the DataScope company. Towards the end of the lecture we were divided up into two groups to get some "hands-on" time with the machine. While my group was practicing with the Pump my lead instructor entered the room looking directly at me saying "LT Hultgren, I need you to stand at attention." Holy heck did my heart skip a beat. Usually when you hearr that order it is not a good thing. I dropped what was in my hands and locked up. As I locked up other instructors entered the room one of whom was holding a large bouquet of rose, twenty-seven roses to be exact, while singing Happy Birthday. No matter where I am my Dad has sent me a rose for every year of my life for my birthday.
My study group surpirsed me on Saturday with a birthday cake. Once we finished studying the candles were lit, the happy birthdy song was sung, and the candles were then blown out! A great surprise!


I woke up on my actual Birthday moning to happy birthday balloons covering the downstairs floor and a beautiful cheesecake in the fridge. I have a pretty good roomie!


This afternoon for a study break I am going out to a birthday lunch with a fellow APU grad and now LT Amy Wilson.

The real partying will begin when I finish the ICU course in August nd head back to CA for a vacation! Hope CA will be ready for me!!!

No comments: