Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week Two of CCNC


Week two has come to an end. This week was all about the heart. We spent four full days on lecture and did not even skim the surface of the many disease processes that many of our patients suffer from. Once again I have to admit that my time at the APU School of Nursing has definitely been a great help. None of the information has been new. Everything that we are covering I have at least been exposed to at APU. While we are going much deeper into many of the topics, I am thankful that I am not seeing this for the first time like some of my fellow students.



We spent Friday at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences located on the National Naval Medical Center campus. While there we spent most of the day in the simulation lab. The dummy was so hi-tech that it could breathe off CO2 while taking in room air or whatever was running. The gentleman that created and runs the Sim Lab is the author of the book that other programs use to create and run their own Labs with. It was crazy fun. None of us really knew what we were doing, but we had some good laughs while we tried to figure it out.

No comments: