Saturday, May 24, 2008

Week Three of CCNC



This week was all about Pediatrics. Not my favorite topic. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I am just not a fan of sick kids and often times the parents of the sick kid. I get that it is a stressful situation, but the nursing staff is there to help, trust us. We had guest lecturers for most of the classes as the CCNC faculty are not Pediatric RNs. Our guest lecturers were super smart and knew what they were talking about.
Thursday and Friday were spent getting our Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications. The practical instructors for my group were Pediatric Immunologists. While we as students were struggling to at first to care for the respiratory emergencies, our instructors were very impressed with how we handled the cardiac emergencies. They told us that they were trying to make the scenarios more difficult as they appeared to easy for us. While we might struggle a little with kids, we know are cardiac emergencies.
This weekend will be spent studying of course. Well, maybe not as much studying on Monday. It is all about the BBQ on Monday!

No comments: