Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week One of CCNC



The Critical Care Nursing Course is in full swing. This week's lecture focused on the Pulmonary system and the Physiology of Stress. Most of what we covered I had learned during nursing school at APU but as I had not been exposed to a lot of it so far in the clinical setting I was relearning a lot. Classes are Monday through Friday from about 0730 until 1600.
There are 8 students in the class and we all seem to be getting along very well. I have been blessed with a study group of three fellow Lieutenants. This Saturday we met at my house at 1500 and were shocked to realize that it was suddenly 2130. Wee reviewed almost all of the material and feel comfortable with most of it. We are all a little nervous as we don't really know what the test is going to look like. Once we see a test I am hoping that we will be more comfortable with how to study for the rest of the course.
This next week will be focused on the heart. The lecture topics that I am worried about are relating to the many vasoactive drugs. Let's just say that pharmacology was not a strong point for me during nursing school. I will try to keep you all updated with how the course goes!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: