Thursday, July 19, 2012

Washington DC

I looked for Carmen Sandiego in DC today and sounds like I just missed her...

But instead I got to spend some much need quality time with friends that know me from before deployment. These fellow RNs remember who I really am and are eager to help me learn that again. Camisha and I were deployed together for 6 months in Regional Command - East. We had some stories to swap, good and bad. Katy, pictured above, was an angel that allowed me to call her at all hours when things were difficult during my last 6 months. She talked me through some of the rough patches, loved me when I couldn't keep going, and laughed with me at some of the stupidity of military medicine. Katy was one of my saving graces.

This stop might have been really short, but it was full of much needed conversation and love from those who know me from before Afghanistan.

No comments: