Thursday, July 12, 2012

Georgia

I started my investigation in figuring out where in the world is Carmen Sandiego. This trip is focusing on the United States. The international travels will pick back up next year...

The first stop was to Valdosta, Georgia home of the United States Air Force's 71st Rescue Squadron. What that really means is that the flight crews from my last 6 months of deployment are in Valdosta, GA. So, that is where I headed first.
This is a group of people that saw me at my best and at my worst. I have nothing to hide from these guys and girls. And the best part is that they still like me no matter what kind of crazy situation or mood I was in over there in AFG. I was super excited to get to surprise them at their hangar on Moody. They were so adorable in their green "onesies".

Having been gone for the past year, I have become a huge fan of getting to spend quality time with people. This first few days of travels allowed me to hang out and really get to know two of the pilots that I got to fly with during my final 3 months of deployment. Without a doubt, I can say that it is because of one these friendships that I was able to make it home in one piece. I am and will be forever grateful.

While visiting in GA, I got to meet 3-day-old Tilly, She is Danielle's new god-daughter. To get to hold a perfectly healthy little baby was so amazing. I can't believe I spent a year without seeing or playing with healthy kids. I am soaking up every minute I can with happy, healthy kids. These kids just make me smile. They make me think that everything I did over there might be worth it one day...or at least make sense...

No comments: