Friday, February 03, 2012

Sam Brown in GQ

I met Sam Brown via Skype while I was deployed with his wife Amy to Iraq. Amy and I were travel buddies which meant I was lucky enough to come home from Iraq knowing that I now had 2 awesome new friends in Texas.
Sam was deployed to Afghanistan when his life changed forever. He was badly burned after an improvised explosive device took out is vehicle. His recover has been long and painful...and is far from over.
GQ did a story on Sam for this month's edition. Click the picture above to read the article.
Sam and Amy - Thank you for being role models for me. While I am sad that I don't get to see you often, I really enjoy reading your blog and learning of all the Brown Family Adventures!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Just read the 5 page article, excellent. Thanks for sharing the link.

Anita