Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Flight Over


After an amazingly long flight (USA to Europe to Kuwait) I have arrived safely and am at our first staging area. I will be here for a day or so while waiting for a flight into Afghanistan.


The flight itself I tried very hard to not be awake for. I was able to sleep a little on the first leg but had little to no success on the second leg. The third leg and longest leg of the flight I was able to get about 6-7 hours of good sleep. The plane was huge so many of us were able to have a seat left empty between soldiers allowing for a little more elbow room.


It is amazingly hot here in Kuwait yet again. Thankfully there is very little humidity this time. There are 9 of us here from the Enroute Critical Care Nurse team and we are having a little too much fun getting to know each other.

I have a few more flights and moves ahead of me so I will try to keep you as updated as I can.

No comments: