Monday, August 24, 2009

Slight Change of Plans


So, I have had a slight change of plans for the first bot of my time in Iraq. Last night I flew on my first blackhawk up to Mosul. I will be spending the next few weeks working in with the 47th CSH Alpha Co. that is stationed up here. It is still ICU work but just a slightly different location. Mosul is super different than Tikrit, but the people are just as cool. Two of my friends from the WRAMC MICU/PICU are here and getting ready to go home so I am really enjoying my short time with them. Look really high on the map to see where Mosul is compared to Tikrit. Either way, I am safe.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Enjoy the change in scenery! I can't BELIEVE how HOT it was in the post that said 130+!!! What??!?!?!? How do you SURVIVE!! NUTS! I will be praying for you to stay COOL and safe. Love you!

Bean Pie

Anonymous said...

You are having some amazing experiences - I love checking your site 2 - 3 times a day to see what you're up to. Keep up the good work, and we are also praying for you.
Love, Aunt Cheryl

Siobhan said...

hey beth. your bro told me about your blog today at coffee. I put you in my reader. be safe. :)

Siobhan and Finn

Kristina said...

The best laid plans.... Well, have fun in your NEW location! Hopefully it's a little cooler there for you. I can't even begin to image what 130 feels like.