Monday, August 10, 2009

Fort Benning

I arrived to Fort Benning GA on Saturday to begin final preparations for deployment. I am here with about 30 other members of the 47th CSH. We are being divided up into three different locations in Iraq. As far as I know I am still headed to Tikrit but that can always change. Our days start early (0430 formations) but usually end around 1500. Yesterday we hit the gym after work and today we did some Tae Bo.
We are being issued a lot of gear to take over with us. Some is protective while some is for comfort (warm weather gear, sleeping bag...). Today we received a little less than half with the rest to come tomorrow.
I will try to get some pictures of what we are up to so you can get a glimpse.

5 comments:

Amy said...

So, when do you actually leave for Iraq?

Anita said...

We look forward to seeing pics. Love you and praying for you!

Bean Pie and Ben

Lisa Langdale said...

Will you have internet access while you are over seas? We'd love to hear about your adventures over there!

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

Oi. I hate early mornings! Can't wait to see pics! :) And I personally vote for more singing.