Sunday, May 03, 2009

Unexpected Layover

As I write this I am sitting in Atlanta International Airport's USO. I am in the middle of flying from the DC area to Dothan, Alabama. My flight from DC to Atlanta took off about 40 minutes late giving me a mere 20 minutes to get from the back of one plane to the gate of my next. Yeah, did not make it. The people with Delta immediately booked me on the next flight to Dothan (2130!). So I have a little time to kill.
I am enroute to to Ft Rucker for to attend the Joint Enroute Care Course. Their mission is to provide concise, realistic, relevant and current enroute trauma transport team training to Joint and Coalition Forces Flight Medics, Registered Nurses, Physician Assistants and Physicians conducting aeromedical operations in rotary wing [helicopter] platforms to ensure optimal enroute patient outcomes.

While I am looking forward to the course, I am currently very grateful for the USO!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hooray for a little bit of down time. Time to breathe is always a blessing!

Yeah, clutz-o me tripped over her own feet and fractured my radial head. Feels GREAT! I'm actually doing a little bit better today, not as much muscle-revolting going on. Thank goodness! Seriously, the worst part thus far has been the muscles contracting at the break. I know they're just trying to help, but seriously!

Have fun in Alabama!