Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All By Myself


There comes a time when all baby birds must spread their wings and leave the nest. All baby birds including myself. I am off orientation and am now actually responsible to my own patients. I laughed the first night I walked in as they assigned me two of the busiest/sickest patients. Thankfully we were able to do some rearranging for patient safety. My patient load has ranged from one to three patients. I have had patients that don't truly need ICU care to patients so sick that without the medications and ventilatory support provided they would not survive. It has only been two weeks off orientation and I have already learned so much. I know that there is a ton more for me to learn, but I am sure having fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're actually in scrubs!! :)