Friday, August 08, 2008

Graduation



Today was the day I have been looking forward to for the past 14 weeks. I graduated from the US Army Nurse Corps' Critical Care Nursing Course! It is true, I am now an Intensive Care Nurse at Walter Reed Army Medical Center! I have been assigned to the Medical and Pediatric Intensive Care Units. My Area of Concentration (AOC) has now changed as I have a specialty identifier. I am now a 66H8A! I have wanted that 8A since before joining the Army, so I am stoked. Seven of the original 8 completed the course and graduated today. This course is very difficult so it is unfortunately common to have at least one student not make it to graduation.



Aside from the excitement of graduation itself, my cousin Anita was able to attend. She came up to DC to hangout for the week and was able to extend her stay long enough to meet my fellow classmates whom she had been praying for and to watch us graduate. Thanks Anita!




P.S. Pretty hot in the Class A Uniform, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Beth!

Happy for you, sis. Let us know how the new floor is. Are some of the others who took the course with you on the same floor as you or were you all sent off to different areas? Also, what does your new classification actually mean?

fastturtle said...

congrats beth!! you are definitely an amazing woman!! you have got to let me know when you are ever going to out in the bay area again. i would love to see you...

Anonymous said...

You look so shnazzy!!! Congrats!!!