Friday, March 28, 2008

Mission Springs

For those that know Mission Springs Camps and Conference Center know the joy of rolling down your window as you cross the bridge in the place we love. The place may have changed a little, but the redwood tree smell mixed with the smoke from the fireplaces remains one of my favorite smells. If anyone can figure out how to bottle that smell let me know.

Thursday was spent relearning Mission Springs. So much had changed since I was last there. Crazy winds, rain, bridges, new babies, growing up kids...let's just say things are a little different, but in a good way. (I ran down what used to be the dirt road from Frontier to Horse Ranch that is now paved, weird!)

Friday I woke up to my favorite smell. Ah, no where else can compare! The morning was spent hiking around the trails soaking up every moment of natural beauty that I could. Eagles landing is still a little new, but I will always love the view from Lookout Point. Lunch with Carol, hanging out with Jake in Santa Cruz, dinner from Mobo's with a little Marianne's ice cream with the Wright family. I could dream of a more perfect day.

And of course, you cannot forget my Mission Springs
travel companion Farley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that road is paved? I guess that makes sense, but that's weird . . . :O)