Friday, March 14, 2008

Getting Promoted!


I am finally getting rid of the "butter bar" on my unifrom. The gold bar representing my rank of Second Lieutenant will very soon change to the black/silver bar of a First Lieutenant. Does my status change? Nope. I am still a Lieutenant, I just get a little pay raise and am looked to for a little more authority as it will show on my uniform that I am no longer a newbie!
I will put up pictures when I have the actual promotion ceremony so you can see my big smile (or my serious face as I will be standing at attention...)

6 comments:

Michelle, AN said...

I want to attend your ceremony so PLEASE keep me informed of time/place. YAY FOR YOU!!!

Anita said...

Congrats to you Beth!! Yay for not being a "newbie" anymore! Can't wait to see ceremony pics!

Bean Pie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Beth!!! This is so exciting! It must feel wonderful to not be "new" anymore!
We can't wait to see you on Easter!!
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Woowhoo! Didn't know that the president could sign things in advance. It's advanced dated!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and keep in touch about being in town! I don't want to miss you!

Welcome to where Jay lives said...

Hi, I found you in google accidently. If you don't mind, I have a question for you.
All I know about you is that you are an officer in nurse corp servicing in Korea.

I am Korean and working in the US as a RN in Minnesota.

If allowed I would like to work in my home country since my family is all over there.
My question is your hospital have any Korean civilian nurses.
I am also interested in joining in US army when I become a US citizen.
But it is a long way.
Well, I don't want to leave too long message in your personal blog.
Please email me to jhpark17@gmail.com if you could let me know. Thanks.