Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

I got to go home t California for Easter weekend. It was a blast. On Saturday I attended an open house style wedding reception for a childhood friend in Berkeley. It was really nice to see him so happy but really weird to think that he is a husband.

Easter Sunday was spent attending the Hillside Covenant pancake breakfast before heading in for the service. I had a chance to see some very familiar faces that have watched me grow up. The afternoon was spent at Donnie and Lisa's house with my Dad's side of the family. I have been away for over a year and a half so there were many stories to share. Makayla was the life of the party as usual. After Easter "linner" (lunch+dinner) the "kids" went out front to play some duck, duck, goose. The running around the circle quickly turned into running around the yard listening to Makayla laugh.

On the way home from linner my family stopped by Novato where we used to live. I can remember the day when the playground was brand new. My brother and I spent a few minutes horsing around before getting back in the car to finish the drive home. Good old Pleasant Valley!

No comments: