Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Even One Life Is Too Many

Things I know:
 
1) People need people. But not just any people. For me it is specific people. This has taken me a long time to accept. There were so many things that I was not comfortable talking about or allowing someone else to see. But through the patience and grace of other people, I now have my safe place.

2) Geography can be difficult. To be away from those people can sometimes be really difficult. While I try to be with my people as much as possible, the logistics surround that can get in the way.

3) The state of limbo is very, VERY unpleasant. There is so much up in the air for me right now. Time lines are unknown. The lack of communication within this state of limbo is causing me to find other things to try to control (probably not exactly a bad thing to be taking control of a few other things in my life).

4) My boy makes all the difference for me. I am so grateful to have rainBeau Jangles in my life. He is constant source of unconditional love that is so tangible and present.

5) I need my people.



Even one life is too many to lose. 
While we should do this daily, I encourage you on the 22nd of every month to call and check your battle buddy. It takes just a moment. Military or not, we deserve to see each other tomorrow.

 #twloha
 Crisis Text Line 741-741
- a safe place to talk via text with a counselor when you can't or are afraid to use your voice

No comments: