Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mission Springs

Easily one of my favorite places to go. Whether on vacation to visit friends or in need of a vacation from reality, Mission Springs has been my safe place. Today I drove down to spend time with the Wright family. Terry and Susan have been friends and role models for me for the last 10 years. They have helped to guide me through some unique decicions in life and have been there to share in my successes and failures. I have been so fortunate to have gotten to know them and their amazing kids! I count myself to lucky to have gotten to grow up with their kids. Nick has moved out and is teaching in a difficult neighborhood, Anna is still local and working in town, and Zack is living at home working and volunteering a crazy amount of hours. Their youngest Jake is still at home as well. He has been a blast to watch grow up. (When he was little he proposed to me with a a compass ring which of course I still have. So cute!)
Today was spent with Terry, Susan, and Jake catching up on life and just spending time together. This is one my favorite things to do with them. Life can be full of distractions and busy work, but life always seem to slow down when I am with this family allowing me to remember what really matters, relationships. I am soooo lucky to know this family!
While there I got to give Jake another hair cut. When he was younger he used to have us give him the "Mr. T mohawk" every summer. This time it was a simple shaving of his head. He had some seriously long hair too.! Enjoy the before and after pictures!

No comments: