Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day One of Drive

Today started my cross-country drive. The ultimate destination is Ft Lewis just south of Tacoma, WA where I will be stationed for the next few years. The plan for today's drive was to go through Pleasureville, KY where my maternal grandparents and great-grandparents are buried and my grandmother's brother still lives. I had a wonderful time visiting with Uncle Bob and Aunt Wanda. I had met them before but it had been with my entire family so it was nice to have a little one-on-one time with them.
Original plans were to stay in or near Louisville, KY for the night but with news of an incoming snow storm I decided to head a little further west in an attempt to hit as little snow as I could in the morning. I spent the night in St. Louis, MO right by the big arch thing. (Not really sure of the purpose of the arch but it sure looked beautiful though the snow with the city lights behind it). Day one: about 14 hours and 880 miles done



No comments: