Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moving Cleo

As I get ready to deploy I needed to find a temporary home for Cleo my cat. I did not want to have to give her up and thankfully my parents said that she could come live with them while I was gone. To get her to my parents house meant having to get her on a plane and fly from DC to Oakland, CA. She was not a huge fan of being in her carrier but after 2.5 hours she finally calmed down and fell asleep.
Now that she is at my parent's house she is having to get used to living with a dog. Blake is a 9-year-old Cocker Spaniel who thinks he is still a puppy. All he wants to do is play with Cleo. Unfortunately Cleo wants nothing to do with him. I am sure that eventually she will loosen up and eventually relax around him. Having both of them on the couch without one of us between them is a rare sight but a good sign.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hooray for Cleo surviving the trip! I can't wait to see you next week! Disneyland is ON my calendar!!