Sunday, March 08, 2009

East Coast Double Black Diamond

Today was probably the last day of this year's snow season for me. Matt O'Connell (CPT, USAR) and I hit went up to Liberty Mountain for one last day of playing in the snow. We were both wearing t-shirts as it was about 70+ degrees when we left at 1600. It was warm enough that I had to open the vents on the legs of my pants. A gorgeous day but really warm. Matt is a really good skier so I was pushing myself to try to keep up with him. I learned quickly that snowboards and moguls do not go together very well... fun to try but a lot of work. The last few runs of the day Matt convinced me to try one of their Double Black Diamonds. It was crazy steep for me! Matt took a video of my second attempt. Of course it is the only time I fell on this particular run and I fell after the steep section, but oh well. Sad to think that this was probably my last time snowboarding for the next two years...

Any one up for a snowboard/ski trip to New Zealand summer 2010?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love NZ!!! I don't know if I'll be able to get out of school for too much time. That's a reunion year, so I'd already be missing a week, but I'm interested for sure!

sis

Anonymous said...

haha, nice job beth :O)