Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Deploying to Iraq



In August I am scheduled to deploy to Iraq with the 47th Combat Support Hospital for 6-9 months. (Often abbreviated CSH and pronounced "cash".) The 47th CSH is based out of Ft. Lewis, Washington and left for Iraq last month. Upon arrival to Iraq they were stationed at Contingency Operating Base Speicher located in Tikrit (about 105 miles north of Baghdad). Three of the nurses I work with in the Walter Reed Medical ICU have already deployed with the 47th CSH and will be coming home as I arrive with other Army Nurses to take their places.

During the next few months I will be travelling to different Army bases in the US to train-up for deployment. While I have some vacations already planned for this year I am going to try to add on some days to my trips to spend some time at home as I can before August.
I will be putting up some more information regarding the 47th CSH and COB Speicher to give you an idea where I will be and the history of who I am deploying with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah . . .

2LTednurse said...

Hello, I am A reserve nurse recently commissioned and I am scheduled to attend OBC in July. How can I vol for this deployment with the CSH when I return from OBC? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2LTednurse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

2L Tednuurse,

shoot me your email address and we can chat

2LTednurse said...

luisvelez769@msn.com thanks