Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 50th Dr Lepler!



Dr Lepler was the first Doctor and Colonel to pull me aside as a brand new nurse two years ago and discuss patient care with me. I was terrified as I had been "in stern conversation" with his Intern earlier that day regarding the plan of care for one of my patients. I thought Dr Lepler was going to cause me to have what we refer to as a "significant emotional event". Instead he pulled me into a room to tell me that I had done the right thing in fighting for my patient and to never be afraid to call the Attending into the situation if I ever believe that my patient is not receiving the appropriate care.



Since then I now work with Dr Lepler often as he rotates through the MICU as our Attending. As we celebrated his birthday I told him my story and to my surprise he remembered it. I don't think I have gone a shift when I work with him that I have not learned something new. He is a great teacher and has amazing bedside manner with the patients and families.


Happy Birthday Sir!

No comments: