Tuesday, October 02, 2007

An Awesome Surprise


While at work last night I actaully took a moment to look in my box in the breakroom (a once a week occurence). On top of the pile was an envelope from the Office of the Commanding General (CG) of Walter Reed (WRAMC) and the North Atlantic Regional Medical Command (NARMC). I thought it would a generic invite to some hospital wide event coming up, we get things like that a lot. But to my surprise it was a signed letter from Major General Schoomaker. He had received a letter from a patient I had taken care of a few months ago in which the patient mentions my name in his appreciation for the care he received while recovering. In the letter the patient mentions his MD, two of the PAs, and two RNs from Ward 46. LT Falvey worked with the patient on nights while I worked with the patient during the day. On yet another boring night of work, there was an awesome bright spot courtesy of the CG's letter. It is pretty cool to know that the little things do get noticed by our patients, it makes it worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Michelle, AN said...

Beth, that is so awesome. Congrats! It's those kinds of things that makes us feel that our daily job really makes a difference. Keep it up, chicka!